Work location is Sakinaka at Andheri east in Mumbai . (Walkable from Sakinaka metro station)
Job Title R & D Pipeline software Developer
Role The R&D Developer is someone who applies his software development expertise
to develop innovative CG techniques aimed at solving production problems and
achieving creative outputs in most efficient manner.
Typically the R&D developer would face problems like -
“how can we get this render to fit in memory?”
“how can we expose more user control over this feature?”
“should we support this particular file format?”
“can we have a fluid simulation system that ...”, and so on.
The R&D developer also help the other technology teams design frameworks for
testing, building, and releasing.
(Key result Area)
• Research and development of innovative algorithms, software, systems, and techniques.
• Develop high-end in-house solutions (software, plugins, techniques, tools, etc ) and/or compile, debug and adapt other programmers’ work in order to integrate them to existing tools
• Implement and adapt technical papers
• Research and implement innovative techniques for the various disciplines and software packages (Houdini, Softimage, Maya, 3DS Max, Nuke, Arnold, Mantra, Mental Ray...) used in production pipeline
• Development or adoption of technologies and techniques in areas such as the file formats, geometry generation, rendering methods, management of large datasets, fur development, shading, color management, lighting technology and the many libraries which underpin these tools.
• Work directly with artists and production crews to identify technology solutions to creative challenges
• Liaise with the management group and work with the creative leads to prototype our advanced techniques
• Posses a solid grasp of Maya, its internals and troubleshooting
Requirements • Experience as a TD within Animation studio
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent / BCA /B.E. / B.Tech
• Well versed in Python and Linux and knowledge of PySide/PyQt
• Strong command of Maya and solid knowledge of Nuke, Arnold and Shotgun
• Experience with large-scale production pipelines, including render farm
Key Performance Area • Ability to maintain deadlines driven by production
• Demonstrate proactive resourcefulness
• Support and encourage collaborative team approach
• Participate in Pipeline Engineering, TD and production meetings
• Maintain up-to-date knowledge in research areas related to CG, Programming and CG software packages
• Maintain the monitoring system and communicate on the work in progress.
If interested, please mail me your updated CV with the following details :
Your current location
Your current and previous organizations with tenure or duration
your job responsibilities in each company
Your Qualifications , universities, colleges and year of passing for each qualification
your skill sets
your Date of Birth
Please put the below details in the mail body :
Reason for job change
Reason for relocation
Current monthly salary
Expected monthly salary
Thanks & Regards
Gauri Shanbhag Wagle
Phone :022-28479498 Extn : 201
AK Madhavan aka Madmax – a stalwart of Indian animation; respected by industry and competition alike; along with Upen Desai, a technocrat well known in industry circles and a few other artists came together to create Assemblage.
Assemblage entertainment pvt ltd is a leading full service 3D animation and visual effects studio which creates full-length CGI animation feature films on a global scale. It is a studio for interactive content development, visual imagery and production of high-quality CGI animation content for full-length features, direct-to-home DVDs and television series.
Our team of over 280 artists have a vast body of experience across regional and international studios, and have won several global awards and accolades including BAFTAs, Emmys and Oscar nominations.Assemblage boasts of a sprawling space of 10,000 square feet and an employee strength of over 280 artists . Assemblage has a proven track record in the Animation industry and is flooded many exciting high-end projects under its sleeve.